[Fresh] FRESH@news: Giving Thanks

Fresh@News would like to wish you and your family a very

Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.

We asked members of the Class of 2018 to finish the sentence “I am most thankful for…” and would like to share a few responses with you:

*    My health and the health of my family members.

*    All of the amazing opportunities that Villanova has given me!

*    My roommates and that we get along pretty well.

*    Family, friends and my dogJ

*    Having a great first semester and meeting tons of great people.

*    The never-ending support of my family.

*    My education and my health.

*    My family and friends at home and here at Villanova.

*    All the wonderful people I have met since I came here.

*    For the dance team giving me an opportunity to continue doing something I love here at Villanova.

*    My new Villanova friends and family at home.

*    The upcoming break and the opportunity to sleep!

We hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your student and that you both enjoy your time together!

Looking ahead… The Sophomore Service Learning Community

Current Freshman can apply to Sophomore Service Learning Community (SSLC),  a community of sophomores and upper-class leaders based in Alumni Hall who learn and serve together.  Students come together from all four colleges to study, serve in schools or agencies that serve the poor and engage in meaningful dialogue about social justice in a fourth hour seminar.  Sophomores will be immersed in a community through which they can find passion and purpose, and will gain the knowledge and have the support from one another to make a difference in our world and in each other’s lives.  For more information, please visit our website: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/artsci/undergrad/resources/servicelearning/community.html